Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a variable number of a MU instance

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am new to Tecnomatix and hoping that someone could help me.

Let me first give some background on what I am trying to accomplish. 

I have created a MU called Order. The MU "Order" has an attribute OrderID. A unique OrderID (global variable that increments with the creation of each order) is assigned to each order. The problem is that an order consist of a variable number of units, so I would like to create a variable number (selected from a distribution) units that will have the same OrderID as the  order that has entered the Singleproc. The Original MU instance must then go to a different successor than the created instances(units).

I would appreciate it if someone could help me to accomplish this....

4 REPLIES

Re: Create a variable number of a MU instance

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

I think you could use the DismantleStation. If the MU has extra attributes, they still get duplicated.

Regards,

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The dismantle does seem to duplicate the attributes, but not the value entered into the attribute. 

E.g. Order with OrderID = 5 will arrive at dismantle station and is then dismantled into three parts, but when I viw one of the new parts' OrderID, it is equal to 0 where I need it equal to 5.

Another question, will I be able to select the quantity into which an order must be dismantled from a distribution?

I also tried duplicating an order by using the "create" function, but the then I only create an infinte number of entities for the first order only. 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I just checked it with an integer and a string in 12.0.3 and it works as it should (the attribute and their values get copied).

What version are you using?

Yes, you can change the amount of MUs. But you do need to program a method to do so. You could for instance create an entrance control for the DismantleStation, where you change the contents of the DismantleList.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Nomden,

Thank you for your response once again.

I am using version 12.0.0. The values of the attributes still do not carry over by themselves(maybe my configuration is wrong), but I inserted an entrance method that assigns the attribute values to variables and then on an exit method, the values get re-assinged to the exiting enities. This solved my problem.

I followed your advice on the dismantle list. I created a method that fills changes the dismantle table depending on a certain attribute. This works fine.

Thank you for your input, you really helped me alot.