Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising HBW logic

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I have scenario wherein the RSU of HBW picks and stores two parts at a time. The scenarios under which the HBW works are as follows,

1. RSU picks two parts(which are positioned side by side)from the loading bay at a time and then puts them in the store(Rack) in two different locations(next to each other)
  2. RSU picks two parts(which are positioned side by side) from the loading bay at a time and then puts them in different locations
  3. While retrieving the parts the RSU can pick two parts from two side by side locations or two parts from different locations and unloads both of them in unloading bay.

Please advice me on how to go about it.

Note : I am modeling the scenario using Plant Simulation version 14

Many thanks in advance,

-Varun

8 REPLIES

Betreff: Customising HBW logic

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Varun_B,

to enable the HBW library to transport two parts at the same time, you have to do several changes.

First, in object Racklane which can be opened by pressing the Ctrl-key and making a double click on the object, you have to change table TransportOrders, where all transports are listed. Beside the existing columns, you need additional columns for Column, row and Side of the second part. The methods, working on this table, have to be modified: getNextOrder, appendOrder and processOrder for example.

in the class library the capacity of object Carrier has to be set to two. You will find the object in folder BasicObjects of the HBW3D folder.

In object IN of the racklane, you have to change the exit control, Here the transport order of the part is written into table transportOrders.

In object LoadHandler of the class library you have to change the methods onExit and onBwExit of the loadbay. You will find the LoadHandler directly beside the object Carrier.

This are the first modifications I have in mind. Try to realize the modifications.If you will run into any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hi GG,

I am trying to write my own logic for the HBW. Now, the HBW is only putting the first part and then stops loading, could you please let me know how to activate the program written at the exit control of "IN" again once the object has already been arrived and also when all does the method "positionreached" method is activated

I have attache the model  here for reference.

Siemens Phenom

Hello Varun_B,

in your exit control of IN you have the following sequence:

?.entrancelocked := true
part1 := ?.contentslist[1,1]
if ?.full = true then part2 := ?.contentslist[1,2] end

Here you close the entrance of station IN and therefore you always will get void for part2.

I would like to give the following recoommendation: 

Don't close the entrtance of IN. The first part calls the RSU. As soon as the RSU has loaded the part, the RSU has to wait until the second part arrives. In the exit control of IN, you have to check if the RSU is in state 'Home', then you can directly load the second part.

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi GG,

Thanks for the information now i am trying to move the RSu from target of the first part to the target of the second part before going to home positions.I am using "StartDriving" method loadhandler.oncenter method Capture.JPG

Bu then the RSU moves to the mentioned location and then stops functioning. Please advice on how to do about it

Thanks

-Varun

Siemens Phenom

Hello Varun,

can you please provide your model. If you do not like to publish your model here, you can send it directly to me:

guido.gross@siemens.com

Regards
GG

Hi GG,

I have uploaded the model.

Regards,

-Varun

Siemens Phenom

Hello Varun,

your model looks pretty good.

There is one 'bug': in method asrs_appendOrder the method processOrder is called. asrs_appendOrder is called by load_bay_entry which also calls asrs_processOrder.

From my point of view, you have to remove  processOrder in method asrs_appendOrder., which just should enter the parameters of the order into table Orders.

With this modification, two parts are transported to the first storage place.

Regards
GG

Hi GG,

Thanks for the information. I'll update the model with the necessary changes to see how it goes.

Regards,
-Varun