cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlock with worker, carry part and failure

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

I have a situation where a machine can be repaired by a specific worker, but it is also the same worker which brings parts to the machine.

The deadlock comes when the worker tries to leave a part to the machine when the machine is failed. It becomes a catch-22 moment, the worker cant leave the part since the machine is failed and the machine is failed because the worker cant repair it (he is carrying the part).

I was thinkinhg of using a placebuffer to solve this, as "temporary" storage, but the placebuffer only seems to work with situations outside shifts.

Is there some similar solution to this problem? I'd like to avoid writing code to wait for the machine to stop being failed before calling the worker to pick a part and bring it to the machine.

Thank you.

1 REPLY

Re: Deadlock with worker, carry part and failure

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I think it should work if you send the parts to a buffer, i.e. your target station starts with a buffer. The destination for the part then then is the buffer, not the machine that comes after. But you have to make sure that the buffer is not governed by a ShiftCalendar.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com