Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define output values ExperimentManager

Builder
Builder

Hello, 

I am working on a project in which I want to study the average throughput time and throughput for a product scope of 76 products. Now I want to define output values in the "ExperimentManager" and I actually want to obtain the same information as provided by the regular "Summary report", but now for multiple observations. However, I do not know how to define these in the output values dialog of the ExperimentManager.

Can anyone help me with this? 

Many thanks in advance. 

Kind regards.

36 REPLIES

Betreff: Define output values ExperimentManager

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Well basically you click on the button "Define Output Values" and then you can put anything into the table that you want to use as results --> attributes, variables, table-contents, ...

E.g. you can evaluate the throughput of a Drain and the value of a variable object like this:

grafik.png

If you are looking for a specific statistic/attribute, you can use the documentation, or press F8 after selecting an object (e.g. a SingleProc), to find the attribute name to use (like above "StatDeleted" for the total number of MUs that were deleted in a Drain).

Builder
Builder

Dear @AlexD_SimPlan,

Thanks for your reply!!

What I actually want is just a table with the results of multiple replications (20 for instance) like this:

Data experiments.JPG

What would be the correct output values to generate such a result after running an experiment?

Many thanks in advance!!

Kind regards.

Gears Phenom

I don't think this will work with the simple drag&drop ExperimentManager features. You have to use "typeStatistics" on the Drain object to get this statistic, but it's a table. And in the ExperimentManager you have to define specific values, so that it can calculate Min/Max/Avg/StdDev for each of your 20 experiments/observations.However, you can try this:

1. create a method with name "EndSim" in your model and a tablefile "DrainResults"
  2. write code into "EndSim":
    <YourDrainName>.typeStatistics(DrainResults)
  3. Use tha table "DrainResults" as output value in the ExperimentManager.

This way it should at least give you the average values for this table. IDK whether that's enough for you; if not, it will get messy, I guess...

Builder
Builder

Dear @AlexD_SimPlan,

Thanks for your reply!

So if I understand it correctly, it is not really straightforward to create such output values with the ExperimentManager? It is just that I need to run the model for multiple times to obtain an average concerning the throughput times and the throughput per year for the complete product scope of 76 products.

Do you have any other suggestions to run the model for multiple times and obtain the values as described above?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Gears Phenom

If you had simply tried what I told you above (and it doesn't get more straightforward than that), you would have seen that you get results like this:

grafik.png

I had 3 runs and on average 728.3 products of type B were produced during one day, etc. And I think that's exactly what you need, or isn't it?

Builder
Builder

Dear @AlexD_SimPlan,

Excuse me, you are right! It works. I made a tiny mistake and therefore it didn`t work.

Thank you very much and enjoy your weekend!!

Cheers!

Gears Phenom
Great Smiley Happy
The same to you! Smiley Happy

Builder
Builder

Dear @AlexD_SimPlan,

Just to make sure my interpretation is correct: The table I obtain after running the experiments with a certain number of observations demonstrates the average values of all the observations, right?

For one second I was thinking that the table just presents the values for the last observation.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Gears Phenom

Well, if you have non-integer values (like 728.33 in my screenshot) in the column "Total Throughput" that's a good indicator for average values, because the throughput in each experiment can only be integer values Smiley Wink

Of course the tablefile object where you write the results into with the EndSim method only contains results of one observation. The screenshot I showed you is from the ExperimentManager's detailed results (-> HTML report).