Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between broken and single track

Builder
Builder

I am modelling a complex track system with transporters. I was wondering that Instead of using one track with sensors at different points which makes the task complex, if I use multiple small tracks instead of sensors and joints the track then  it makes the task easy. Is there any difference in the long run if i use multiple broken tracks instead on one. does it effect any improtant parameters in the results which I am not able to see but will be evident in the result.

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Difference between broken and single track

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I don't see how it could affect your results in any way, if you used many small tracks with (probably) exit-controls instead of a few longer tracks with sensor-controls.

I personally think the sensor-approach is more flexible and easier to use/parametrize, than creating many small tracks, though. Also for visualization a sensor is better than two tracks, because you can see its position more clearly and you directly see that something is likely to happen there (you don't see whether a track has an exit-control or not).

But that's just my two cents Smiley Happy

Regards,
Alex

Re: Difference between broken and single track

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi,

From my experience the only downside of using broken tacks is the creation and hitching of trollies when modelling tugger trains. When you are running your train and want to pick up a new trolly, the space behind the train might sometime be on the same track segment and sometime on another track segment. It wil require some creativeness to write a code solid enough to handle all potential cases. 

Best Regards Johan

Gears Phenom
Good point!

Gears Phenom

Hello

Can also say from experiance, this is the case with many things with the track. I would personally do every single part of the track as a single length and where it splits or joins then start a new track for each one.

If you need to pre load your system with transporters, then this task can be a bit more complicated depending on how you want them. If they are in a long line (maybe with a set distance between them) then you will need to start at a point and add a value to the distance along the track like normal, for every new track then you got to do '- <previous track>.Length' in addition to make the placement of transporters a lot more accurate.

JamesM

Builder
Builder

Thank you everyone for your opinions!!!