cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between @.move,@.transfer and @.insert

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi all,

I have a scenario wherein i have to transfer the parts from several conveyors onto one perpendicular conveyor at different lengths. currently i am using "@.move" command to move the parts onto the specified length, but i also saw in the helpfile that the same can be accompolished by using either "@.transfer" or "@.insert" commands also. I want to know to the difference between these commands when trying to move the MU on the "line-objects" and also the side of MU which gets transfered to the specified length i.e., is it front of the MU or the back.

Regards,

Varun

2 REPLIES

Re: Difference between @.move,@.transfer and @.insert

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Varun,

move: the front of the MU with length 0 will be moved to the target, the remainder of the MU stays on the old location; then the remainder of the MU moves continually to the target according to the speed of the conveyors.

insert: the whole MU will be moved to the target (it can only moved when the target has enough space for the whole MU)

transfer: the front of the MU with length 0 will be moved to the target, the remainder of the MU will be removed from the old location and then the remainder is beyond the conveyor and moves continually to the target with the speed of the target conveyor.

The specified length of this command always defines where the front of the MU should be located.

Kind regards

Karola

Re: Difference between @.move,@.transfer and @.insert

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Hi Karola,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Varun