Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Differing output with/without animations

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello,

I am having quite a strange problem and I am having trouble trying to narrow down what it could be.

When I run my model with animations, I get output A. I reset the model, run it again with animations and get output A. I can continue like this and always get output A.

However, when I reset the model and instead run it without animations, i get output B. If i reset the model and run it yet again without animations, I get output B. I can continue like this and always get output B.

The problem is that the output of the model is different whether it is run with or without animations which in my mind should NOT happen.

In earlier versions of the model the output has become the same regardless of running it with/without animations, so naturally there must be a change of my model that has caused this somehow. The only things that have changed between the models is the tables i decide to delete/restore when resetting/initializing the model, as well as adding some workercharts and experiment managers/GA Tools.

Unfortunately I cannot share my model here, but my main question is if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if yes, how you have solved it? If not, does anyone have any ideas of what could be the cause? 

Edit: Worth noting is that the MultiPortalCrane library is the only "external" object/library used, but in both the newer not working model and the older working model, the crane library version is the same (as is the Plant Simulation version).

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Differing output with/without animations

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello 7SEG,

when using the MultiPortalCrane, it is necessary to have 3D open, otherwise, coordinate3D which is used in the library will not have valid coordinates and the portal cannot move to the target position.

May be this causes the difference in your statistics.

Hope this will help

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: Differing output with/without animations

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi GG,

Thank you for the tip. I tried having the actual 3D window open but there was no change to my problem. The fact that I use workers walking freely also needs 3D activated, which it has been since the beginning, so unfortunately 3D should be a non-issue in this matter since it's always on Smiley Sad