Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Disassembly Block

I want to unload a truck carrying pallets at an assembly shop. The truck is carrying 99 pallets..and in actual scenario to unload 99 pallets it takes 15 min set up time and then 15 minutes for unloading of all pallets. But in plant sim if I am giving time it takes it as total time and my shop keeps on waiting for oallets. It should be as soon as 1 pallet unloads it should go and then next pallet by pallet how cani do that. Infact I have 3 kinds of trucks carrying different pallets 51, 99 and 36 please see attached pic

7 REPLIES

Re: Disassembly Block

Hello aagosh,

You could put an entrance method on the Empty_pallet_disassembly1 station that utilizes the Wait method depending on the type of truck.

So, if Truck99 takes 15 minutes set up then have an entrance method Wait 900 seconds. You can then set the Truck99 proctime to 15 minutes.

It also looks as if you are using a SingleProc to process each pallet. You may want to utilize a ParallelProc so that the pallets can all be processed at once.

-Patrick

How will puttting a parallel proc help during disassembly.

Pallets after unloading from truck enter the storage 1 by 1 as they unload they start loading into the storage.

The total process takes 1 hour example. In model how do i model that?

Basically in the model when a truck of capacity 99(filled with 99 pallets) arrives at truck bay(disassembly block) pallets instead of unloading 1 by 1, unload all at once when time feeded in the block (1.5 hour ) gets over. This 1.5 hour is fed on the basis of actual time taken at bay by truck to unload 99 pallets. I want to model this situation

Hello aagosh,

So when this 1.5 hour time limit is reached, you would like all 99 pallets to be released at the exact same moment into the next step of the process? In this scenario, I would need more information about what is the exact set up after the disassembly block. Is there a line afterwards?

Or do you want the 99 pallets to be processed for 1.5 hours then be released one by one? In this scenario, the parallel proc can handle all 99 pallets and release them when their designated time frame has expired.

I hope one of these scenarios is the one you are dealing with.

-Patrick

hello Aagosh,

Instead of using Disassembly station, make use of three Transfer stations for each type of truck to unload the pallets from the truck.

Transfer station will unload the pallet one after the other so the line will not be waiting & you can also specify the actual time to unload a single pallet in it.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar
Mercedes Benz R&D India, Daimler AG

No My case is -

1.Truck enters bay

2. Truck Sets up - 20 Min

3. Truck starts releasing pallets one by one each pallet takes 45 sec to leave truck

4. According to no. of pallets in truck-truck fully empties.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author aagosh
‎12-26-2016 11:25 PM

Please find the attached file with Tarnsfer station object to unload the truck.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar
Mercedes Benz R&D India, Daimler AG