Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display panel in 3D view

Builder
Builder

I want to add 3 parameters say temperature,pressure,quantity and respective values and show in single box one below the other. Eg:

Temperature:   32deg

Pressure:    234

Quantity:  4

I used display panel which is visible in 2D but not visible in 3D view. Is there any way we can see in 3D view.?

Or is there any other altermnative to do this.?

13 REPLIES

Re: Display panel in 3D view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Sahana,

there is also a 3D Display object found in your "Toolbox" under the ribbon "User Interface". Have you tried that one already?

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Builder
Builder

Yes I have used it at present. Please find attached image. 

Instead of showing it individually, I wanted to show  those 4 parameters in a single box 

Siemens Phenom

As Igor already mentioned, there is the DisplayObject - which is the reason why the Display Panel never was introduced to the 3D visualization as the DisplayObject was introduced as better alternative to the Display Panel. The discussion technically is still not over whether one day a Display Panel might be introduced to 3d, too (which mainly depends on good reasons for that introduction), but as of now, there are no immediate plans.

By the way a hint on another topic:

If you attach pictures as MS Word documents, you accidentally reduce the chance that someone looks at your attachment. Contrary to a MS Word document which may contain macros that might harm a computer, simple image files are rather safe - and thus much more likely to be opened by others, as anyone who stumbles upon the MS Word document might want to avoid getting into unknown trouble by opening a harmful file.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom
I don´t miss the panel (because of it´s handling it became never my favorite) ... just arrange variables and/or displays in a frame, so it´s easy to place them in common ...

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Phenom
Phenom

@sahana_s

Have you tried the comment  object (s. below ) ?

Unbenannt.PNG

Phenom
Phenom

@sahana_s

Here's a little model using the comment object as a sort of panel.

Unbenannt.PNG

Builder
Builder
Thank you Smiley Happy i will try this out.

Builder
Builder

I have version 14 and this model is not opening.

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a version 14