Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Community,

I got a question concerning the Distributed Simulation. In Order to make the connection easier I created 2 new Users on each PC with the same Name and Password. In addition I changed all DCOM-Configurations due to the Plant Simulation Index on both systems. As the allowed users for the Remote access I set “All Users”.

After testing the connection to the other PC Plant open the following Dialog:Unbenannt.PNG

How can I get this to work?

Thanks for Helping.

Miele

5 REPLIES

Re: Distributed Simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Miele,

there are two important configuration steps.

First the DCOM port 135 has to be opened in the firewall. And second the DCOM rights have to be configured on both machines.

Please follow the description in our online manuel for DCOM configuration on both machines.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Are the online discriptions differnt from the Plant Simulation Help Index? If yes could you post an Link?

Siemens Phenom

I meant the Plant Simulation Help.

Sorry about the confusion.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimenter
Experimenter

No Problem. But I went through all the steps for DCOM Configuration and still get no access to the other System. With the same Error showing up. Can you tell me if I made any Mistakes?

If you need further Information e.g Screenshots of my Settings. Please let me know.

Thanks for Helping

Miele

Siemens Phenom

Hello Miele,

DCOM configuration is a difficult task where a lot of things can go wrong.

You might want to have a look in Local Security Policies. Go to 'Control Panel'->'Administrative Tools'. Double click on 'Local Security Policy'. Here you should check in 'Local Policies'->'Security Options' the entry 'Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts'. It has to be set to 'Classic - local users authenticate as themselves'.

Otherwise your local accounts are not referring to the same user.

You also can try (if it's not yet the case) to put both users into the administrator group.

Regards,

Ralf