Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation and Information Sources

I spend a lot of time searching for the correct way to format a method or what commands like .remove are availble for specific objects.  My question is where is any of this documented?  The help file that comes with Plant Sim is virtually useless.  

5 REPLIES

Re: Documentation and Information Sources

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Select an object an press the F8 key.

You will then see all attributes and methods of this object. You can use the buttons to apply filters (for example show only attributes, no methods).

In the Method Editor you can enter the name of an existing object followed by a point, and then press the key combination Ctrl+Space.

Betreff: Documentation and Information Sources

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Wow, I actually find the documentation/help of Plant Simulation really useful and great. You can search for any object there and it will list all of its methods and attributes, so I don't know why you find it useless... :-(

grafik.png

Also, what @MichaelJoos wrote is also prominently shown in the documentation for each objects attributes:

grafik.png

Regards,
Alex

Re: Documentation and Information Sources

Thanks that's helped alot for looking things up.  

I don't find it very helpful, it definetly doesn't document all of the attributes for a given method or object.  It doesn't describe very well what these attributes do very well.  It would be really nice if there was a wiki created for this.  

Phenom
Phenom

@ ..it definetly doesn't document all of the attributes for a given method...

To exactly know,, what you are posting about,could you please give some more detailed examples ,

@ .. it doesn't describe very well what these attributes do very well...

although a tutorial is part of the help file, you should not mixup plant simulation experience 

with  reading  the help file (once firsttime)  and then trying to understand everyrhing

I therefore think  a training course would be a  good solution for better understandng the system behaviour.