Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically change flow of parts from source.

Innovator
Innovator

Hi,

I have to 2 products. Product1 and Product2. Product1 is made up of 4 parts and Product2 is made up of 4 parts.parts.JPGtablefile.JPG

Here Product1 is made up of Part A, B, C ,D and Product2 is made up of Part X,Z,Y,W.

I used a Table File to send the parts.

Requirement:

1. I need a dialog box where I havre to enter the number of Product1 or Product2. If I enter Product1 as 3, then only parts of Product1 has to come from the source. Again if I change the number of Product1 as 2 and Product3 as 1, then the flow of parts should be as per the demand. 

How to execute this flow?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dynamically change flow of parts from source.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Under the tab User Interface in the toolbox there is an object called Dialog that is used to create dialog boxes. They each have e method called "self.callback where you can write a different codes for differnt buttonpresses in the dialog box.

So create three buttons, "create prod 1", "create prod 2" and "create prod 1 and 2". Each button changes the second row of the creation table, setting the number of parts to produce to either 1 or 0, depending on the button.

Phenom
Phenom

if you enter product1 as 3, what's the produced sequence ( a,b,c ?)

if you enter product1 as 2,and product 2 (?) as 1,  what does that demanded  sequence look like (a,b,x ?)

Innovator
Innovator

@simulator 

No.

Product1 is made up of part a,b,c,d. So I am sending these parts through few stations and then last to assembly station where these 4 parts are assembled to form Product1.

So If I say I want to produce 3 Product1, then 12 parts of Product1 has to come. 

For eg: Product1 is Car

Its parts are Body,door and wheels.

So If I say I want 3 Cars, respectively the parts should come from source.

Similarly for Product2

Siemens Phenom
I'd reccomend you to take a look at the chapter "Set Parameters for Objects in Your Own Dialog" in the PlantSim help. This chapter guides you through creating a simple dialog box and programming the actions that happens when different buttons are pushed.

In your case I assume that you want one button that changes the created variant, and one drop-down list that changes the amount produced in each "batch"

Innovator
Innovator
@MarcusA
Any example model on this ? Because I have no idea how to do it .

Phenom
Phenom

@SS3

have a look :

Unbenannt.PNG

Siemens Phenom

PlantSimulation already contains several example models (on loads of different topics Cat Very Happy). Go to the start menu of PlantSim (the one that opens when you start the application). There you find a button named Example models. Click that and then click "small examples" in the following dialog.

ExampleModels.png

Next, change the catogory to "User Interface" and the topic to "Dialog". Select one of the models in the list and press the button "Open Model"Open Example.png

Innovator
Innovator

@MarcusA  @simulator  Thank you. I will try it

Innovator
Innovator
@simulator
If product 1 is 2 and product2 is 2 , then only 16 parts have to come from source. But here it comes infinitely . How to change it from infinite to just 16?