Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error/Problem with Kanban (Value Stream Mapping)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody.

We're currently working on a study in which we have to implement the example "Liquipur-AG" of the book "Value Stream Design - The Way Towards a Lean Factory" of Klaus Erlach into Plant Simulation.

In modeling the Value Stream Design we have a problem with Kanban control.

When we want to start a simulation we get an error message:

Fehler in Methode '.Modelle.Netzwerk.PPS.Check.checkKanban' in Zeile '87': Unbekannter Bezeichner Product_Tab

We attached a zip-file, containing a screenshot of the error message, of the Value Stream of Erlach and our Plant Simulation file.

Can anybody help us out?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES

Re: Error/Problem with Kanban (Value Stream Mapping)

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi ICS,

There is a error in your design - you have connected Kanban objects with the PPS, which is wrong. You have to connect each Kanban object with a supermarket and a process.

Kind regards,

Holger

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank You very much!

At least we now have a model that runs...

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

I have a similar problem, can anyone help resolve what is wrong with the "unknown index" please

Error message: Init ...
Error in method '.Models.Trainingmodel_Other.PPS.Check.checkProcess' in line 90: Unknown index in .Models.Trainingmodel_Other.Singularize.Product_Tab.
Unknown index in .Models.Trainingmodel_Other.Singularize.Product_Tab.
.Models.Trainingmodel_Other.PPS.Check.checkProcess
Line 90
.Models.Trainingmodel_Other.EventController: Init finished
.Models.Trainingmodel_Other.EventController: Events processed = 1,  Real-time factor = 0.0, CPU Time = 0.06s, Events/CPU second = 16.03

For the following training model I have downloaded from this forum.

I am using the Plant Sim version 11.0.3

Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Irina,

I downloaded your model and tried to reproduce the error message. But when running the simulation model, no error message comes up.

Can you please explain the steps you have done so I can reproduce the error message.

Thank you in advance.

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Pioneer

just trying to start the event controller really. Do you think the program version of the original model is not compatible with the version pf Plant simulation I am using? Thanks for your support

Siemens Pioneer

I have replicated the frame "supermarket" from the model attached previously in this discussion in my program version (see testmodel1 attached below). The model runs with errors:

"The model contains inconsistencies. A simulation cannot be started.

No preceeding object of Supplier is producing product RawPart
Object Receipt is not a valid successor of object RawPart .
The base product 'RawPart' in station 'Singularize' is not defined in any of the preceeding objects.
Object Inventory1 is not a valid successor of object RawPart .
The base product 'RawPart' in station 'Process1' is not defined in any of the preceeding objects.
Object Inventory3 is not a valid successor of object Part .
The base product 'Part' in station 'Process2' is not defined in any of the preceeding objects. " (see HTML page, testmodel1).

I have also found out that

1. the inventory objects do not have a window to display parts or min/max stock withing the "statistics tab" and

2. the process objects do not have a tab "exit strategies".

Am I doing something wrong or is it the program version that needs e.g. updating? Thank you

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Irina,

first, you have a very old version of the VSM library in your model. I updated your model with the latest version of the library (11.0.16) and run into trouble: your product names 'Part' and 'RawPart' all include a TAB character which is not visible directly.

After updating your model and correcting the names, the simulation model runs as expected.

Attached you will find this simulation model.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Pioneer

Thank you! I will make sure we download the latest patches. Very much appreaciate you looking into correcting the model, thanks!

Siemens Pioneer

Hi All,

we try to download the latest patches from the GTAC site. There is a variety of updates and I wonder if anyone can help select the right one please.

We currently have Technomatix Plant Sim 11 (64-bit), 11.0.3 Version installed.

The patches list on GTAC is attached.

We started downloading version 12; can anyone advise which patch/version is the right one to download to upgrade our Plant Simulation software and be able to work with the VSM library.

Thanks