Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when updating the Display Panel with a method

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use a method in order to update the Display Panel of a frame. To do so, I have created a configuration table with the same format as the Display Panel table and, once this table is updated with the new data, I call a method to update the Display Panel with the function setElements.

The problem comes when I try to define a bar chart using this function. For some reason, Plant Simulation gives me an error with the data in the column Alignment, even thought the cells are empty.

Captura.PNG

However, if I introduce manually this data to the Display Panel table Plant Simulation gives me the same error message but shows the Display Panel correctly anyway.

Captura1.PNG

Captura.PNG

Since the configuration table will be updated automatically by different methods, I can't update the Display Panel manually each time. Could someone give me a solution? I have attached an example model with this configuration if it helps.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: Error when updating the Display Panel with a method

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

Something is wrong with this table, if you type out them rows again and then remove the original rows from the table (as in cut them) then it works fine.

I belive it was that the cell was not fully empty when it should have been, but attempting to make it empty myself through code was not working so I am not sure what was causing it.

JamesM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello JamesM,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, it only seems to work when you define the table directly in the Display Panel. I have also tried to copy a row from the Display Panel's table with the 'correct empty cell' and paste it to my configuration table and then it works. But, if I try to copy this 'correct empty cell' to other rows in the configuration table via Method it appears the same problem. I have used the function copyRangeTo, initialize and copyTextToClipboard/getTextFromClipboard and neither of them seems to work.

Anyway, I can't figure out why there are correct and incorrect empty cells and I don't see the difference between them.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Due to a bug in the software it reports column 5 as the problematic column, but it is actually column 10. You need to enter "Right" instead of "Rigth".

This bug will be fixed with the next maintenance pack.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Herr Joos,

Thank you so much for your help!

Eventually it's been a typical typo mistake, but the bug almost made me loose my mind!

I have corrected the typo and the simulation runs perfectly Smiley Wink