Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange/Convert 3D graphics

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to replace the current 3D model of the buffer with a 3D model I have in JT format. Is there a way to use that JT to replace the 3D graphic of the buffer or someway to convert my JT to .s3d, which I noticed is the format the 3D models are in. I will be using this as an actual buffer in the simulation but I want to replace it with a rack I have.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Exchange/Convert 3D graphics

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi csadler,

You can easly replace the default graphics with your jt model.

Select the object and in the home tab use Open2D/3D you will get the 3D graphics of the selected object in new window.

Now in the Edit tab use Import Graphics select your jt model.

Hope this solves the problem.

Regards,

ABHIRATH

Phenom
Phenom

have you tried to open your 3d object in a separate window and drag & drop the jt file

in to the window ?

or

import jt file ( amongst other file formats) through menu (s.b.)

Unbenannt.png

I've tried both of the options but neither has replaced the buffer 3D object with my JT model. To give you an idea of what I'm trying to do I've attached an example model. Within the model the plant has trees yet if you open the 2D model the trees are actually singleproc's

I just found the solution. So I imported the 3D graphic I wanted to use then once imported and placed I was able to right-click on the graphic and select "Make Simulation Object" where I was able to select the object I wanted it to represent.