Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and import settings in Dialog

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to export and import settings in the dialog. I know I can access all data with getItemsList, so I can export the data into a PlantSimulation table or an Excel file. But how can I change the data directly in the Excel file and import it to the dialog?

Maybe it's easier to explain by saying this; i want to set data to elements in the dialog. For example; I want to set the value of an "Edit Text Box"-element.

Greatly appreciates all help regarding this!

3 REPLIES

Re: Export and import settings in Dialog

Genius
Genius

Hi,

what if just save the excel file and use the excel interface to read the data and use for exemple

?.setCaption("TextBox", "Test");

for each ligne you read in your file ?

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Thank you for the reply! 

Yes, that would work for the edit text boxes. But I also use several other things in the dialog, for example drop down lists and checkboxes, where that won't work. And, I also have buttons in the dialog which opens Plant Simulation tables, which I also need to export. 

But you gave me an idea, first export the .getItemsList to Excel, change it and read it. Depending on the type of element (column 3 in .getItemsList), use .setCaption for edit text boxes or similar commands for the checkboxes etc. And I guess similar things could be done when a button opens a table.

Genius
Genius

Yes, "setCaption" was an example but you can actually use the input type to choose the method called.