Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLOW CONTROL PROBLEM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello all,

I want to use a flow control with a method for 4 different parts. It seems easy, but I couldn't run it.

I want to move the 1.pallet to VG_1 (Buffer Capacity:1)

2.pallet to VG_2 (Buffer Capacity:1)

3.pallet to VG_3 (Buffer Capacity:1)

4.pallet to VG_4 (Buffer Capacity:1)

Then these parts will be assembled according to assembly list in the work station "AF01".

It works perfect without a flow control, but only if the pallets have the same capacity.That's why I want to use a flow control.

I added a picture of it. Could you please look at it?

Best regards,

Beril

16 REPLIES

Re: FLOW CONTROL PROBLEM

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

For this you do not really need the FlowControl, nor a method. The exit strategy MU Attribute will also get you there and it is more transparent, since the data is in a table. This strategy is available on the regular material flow objects, Interface and FlowControl

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Gert,

I have tried, but it didn't work. I am not familiar with the attributes. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

After running the model, GLT_Montage1 has blue-part but VG_1 has yellow-part. Both of them must be blue. Please see the picture in the attachment.

regards,

Beril

Solution Partner Phenom

By the looks of it you have defined the strategy on the wrong object: do it on the Interface inside Source that connects to the stations. Other than that the settings look ok to me so far.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

I used the exit-control of the interface. However, all parts go to VG_1 Smiley Sad

Please see the picture.

Regards,

Beril

Solution Partner Phenom

I guess you misunderstood what an attribute means. Is it correct that the name of an MU tells you what type it is? If so, just delete the contents of the first column and fill in Name in the first cell of that column.

It means that it will inspect the value of the attribute called Name of an MU and send it to the successor as it says in the table.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Phenom

Note that if the combination of attribute and value is not found in the table, the MU will be sent to the default successor.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think I didn't understand well. Yes, the name of an MU tells what type is. Could you be more specific? I added again a picture to show the name of MU,the name of attribute and the value.

Regards,

Beril

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think I didn't understand well. Yes, the name of an MU tells what type is. Could you be more specific? I added again a picture to show the name of MU,the name of attribute and the value.

Regards,

Beril

Solution Partner Phenom

From the pictures it seems correct. But since you already have MUs with the correct name, there is not really a need to define an additional attribute with the same name and assign it a value that is equal to the name.

But if it does not work, we should look into it. Could you post the model?

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com