Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure from TableFile

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Basically, I want the "Milling" station to get the failure time and duration from the TableFile. I am a beginner of Plant Simulation. I was wondering does anyone know some codes to make it work in the model. I have attached the model, which is from the Help.Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Loki

8 REPLIES

Re: Failure from TableFile

Phenom
Phenom

have a look,

the myworkplan had to be adapted as  due to the failures (set for Drilling_A)  A parts

now also move to drilling_B

Legend
Legend

Have a look at the attached model.

I added two methods, Init and FailControl.
I also modified the first duration value in the TableFile because was 30 minutes, I think you meant 3 minutes, don't you?

The exit control was only activated by the source and by the packing, so it didn't work. Now it's activated also by other stations.

Regards
Alessio

P.s I'm sorry Simulator, I didn't see you already replied.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Sorry for any confusion there. Can you please transform the model to a lower version? I use Plant Simulation Version 12. Thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you so much. However, I have two problems here.
1. Can Entity A wait in a buffer if Drilling_A has failure? Drilling_B can not operate Entity A.

2. Can the failure happen in the "Milling" station? If Milling has failure, every entity wait in the queue? I think I should add a buffer before "Milling".

Thank you

Legend
Legend

1. I modified the exit control. I don't know exactly your line, so I just made a small example.

2. I don't know, depends by what your are modelling.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry man, I can't open the model. Your model version is higher than my programme version.

Legend
Legend
Sorry, I haven't understood. It's strange, I have version 12 too..
Anyway, I can't save in another version, so I can't help.

Pioneer
Pioneer

No worries. Thank you all the same