Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure on Single-Proc; possible bug found?

Genius
Genius

Hi.

I am using PS 13.2 and am having an issue getting Single-Procs to fail.

I am using SimTalk to read in an excel data sheet to pass parameters for the failure profile. When I run the model, I get zero failures even though my test availability is 50% with a 5 minute MTTR. 

While running the model, if I open up the Dialog Box for failures and uncheck "Active." Then click "Apply," then check "Active," and click "Apply" again, I get an immediate failure. I tried using SimTalk to activate, then deactivate Failures to mimic this checking and unchecking, but that made no difference. 

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here? Or have I potientally discovered a bug in 13.2? I believe that this code worked when I was running 13.1 about a month ago... Though I didn't use this code extensively then.

Here is my code for setting up the profile:

--create downtime routine--
var FailuresTable : table
resource.failures.getTable(FailuresTable)
while FailuresTable.find({1,*},"default")
	resource.Failures.deleteFailure("default")
end
if ReadExcel.GeneralData[1,"Downtime"] = "1" and ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrUptime",i] > 0 and ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrMTTR_arg(x,1)",i] > 0
	if ReadExcel.ProcessData["vsMTTR_dist",i] /= "Constant"
		resource.Failures.createFailure("default",ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrUptime",i],num_to_str(ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrMTTR_arg(x,1)",i]*60.0)+", "+num_to_str(ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrMTTR_arg(x,2)",i]*60.0)+", "+num_to_str(ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrMTTR_arg(x,3)",i]*60.0),"ProcessingTime")
	else
		resource.Failures.createFailure("default",ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrUptime",i],ReadExcel.ProcessData["vrMTTR_arg(x,1)",i]*60.0,"ProcessingTime")
	end
	resource.FailureActive := true
	resource.Failures.default.Active := true
else
	resource.FailureActive := false
end

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Best,

EMM

2 REPLIES

Re: Failure on Single-Proc; possible bug found?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The behavior seems to be odd. I will look into it.

Re: Failure on Single-Proc; possible bug found?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi EMM,

you are right, there is a bug when creating failure related to "workingTime" during simulation. The behavior with "apply" in the dialog only creates a failure when at this moment a MU is on the singleproc.

Until next service pack you can use the workaround that you first create the failure with a wrong Availability and afterwards set the correct availibility:

SingleProc.Failures.createFailure("default", 95, 5*60.0, "ProcessingTime" );
 SingleProc.Failures.Default.Availability := 75;

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.