Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few queries in 3D animations

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone,

I was playing with 3D animation of robot and had some questions in it.

1. I am trying to show the movement of the arm of robot(3D comau robot) while picking and placing it. to accomplish this, i have imported the arm seperately and defined self animation on it. once robot has part, i am calling it. My problem is, i am not able to attach the MU with the movement of the Arm. MU remains at its MU animation place. How do i make MU follow arm?

2. while taking 3D videos, i tried using real time*5 and camera animation. While taking video using inherit software, both dont work. i,e simulation runs at full speed and camera animation just shows start and end of the path. it does not animate camera. When i tried taking video using 'CamStudio', simulation runs at rea time*5 (as intended), but camera animation problem still remains. Camera animation doesn't work even when i am not taking any video and just running simulation and camera animation. Running camera animation, without running simulation, works fine.

i am using Plant simulation V12.0.0

Thanks in advance

18 REPLIES

Re: Few queries in 3D animations

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi learner,

For 1. you have to set the animation object (on the MU animation tab) to your animatable object where you have your animation point.

For 2. I'd recommend to update to the current patch (3). We have some bugs fixed related to 3D video creation.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Solution Partner Genius

Hello ralf,

Thanks for your quick reply. I got the desired 3D animation in case 1.

After downloading patch 12.0.3, camera animation is working fine. However, inherit video recorder still does not allow recording videos in less speed.

Thanks again.

Siemens Phenom

The speed can be changed by using different playback and recording framerates.

E.g. if you have a recording frame rate of 25fps and a playing framerate of 50fps the video is twice as fast as your simulation run.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution Partner Genius

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will try using this.

Creator
Creator

Hello Ralf,

I learn to define and play selfanimations of PickAndPlace,then I try to make animation of PickAndPlace like the guides you provided.However,when I use the simtalk to call the selfanimations,It occurred  wrong and It pointed out the .I try to use many ways,but it makes no sense.Can you provide some helps?

The simtalk sentences I wrote are followings:

1.PNG

I'm waiting in hope for you help!

Thanks in advance.

Siemens Phenom

Please see answer here: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/Help-with-3D-Self-animations/...

Regards,

Ralf

Creator
Creator

Hello,Ralf

Recenly I got some troubles about the topic about "_3d.Muanimations".I was trying to make a model to show animations of ParrallelProc,which the object was designed by myself according to the rule —"Creating an Animatable Object " in the helpage of Plant Simulation.But it didn't work.Could you help me cover this problem in you sparse time?

I'm looking forward to recieve you help!

Thank you in Advance!

Phenom
Phenom

I am not sure if redirecting the mu animation path to another specific object animation path

( in your case to way.a "move" path) is supposed to work.

In any way you can redirect to another animation of the same object  (I added "move" to way object)

and deleted the "a" animation object (s.below)  from the way object.

This works

Unbenannt.png

Siemens Phenom

Hello ChenShiRu,

It's strange that you are using a Store object as the base for way since Store is a point oriented object.

Anyway, the reason why you don't see the objects is that your animatable object a has an animation path called 'move'. But it has to have animation paths which reflect the ones in the way object, like #0#0, #0#1, ...

Regards,

Ralf