Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the minimum out of a subset of a table

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone!

I want to find the minimum value out of a table, but only for a specific subset of goods.

E.g. I have a Table with parts of the types A, B and C and a Timestamp when it was storaged. Now I want to retrieve an item of type A, which has been the longest in the storage.

How do I do that the most efficient way?

Greetings, Patrick

3 REPLIES

Re: Find the minimum out of a subset of a table

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Utilizing the AttributeExplorer will help here. On its query-tab you define the MUs to be considered and on its attribute-tab you enter your timestamp. Accessing and sorting AttributeExplorer.ExplorerTable you can easily figure out which one is the oldest/youngest A/B/C.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Patrick,

for your application with a store and under consideration of accessability you could use the following method with your table file

TableFile.sort(3,"down") --Sorts the column with availability (1/0) of your MUs, here it is column number 3 
TableFile.findFloor({3,*},0)--After sorting the first unaccessable row is found
TableFile.min({2,1}..{2,TableFile.CursorY-1})--Find the MU that is accessable and entered earlier than all the others (here in column 2)
print TableFile[TableFile.CursorX,TableFile.CursorY]--returns the entry time of that MU
print TableFile.CursorY-- returns row number of MU 
Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thanks for both your answers!

The solution of Igor seems like a good workaround and works for my model.

Maybe I will look further into the attribute explorer, but at the moment I don't exactly know how to use it and can't find a proper tutorial, so while it might be a good solution in the long run my current knowledge limits it's applicability.