Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing a container to move before it is full

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi

I have a situation where I have a machine that produces 4 different batches of 43 parts, once the parts are processed they are put into a container in the next machine. However due to the batch and container quantity, which is 2, the last container needs to move despite being only half full. Could anyone suggest a way of doing this please?

Thanks
2 REPLIES

Re: Forcing a container to move before it is full

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Lucy-anne,

It depends a bit on the kind of information that you can use. I prefer to use events to trigger methods and only use time-based triggers as an alternative.

If you have a buffer that contains the entire number of 43 parts, then you can use an entrance control to look if the buffer is empty each time you move an MU onto your container. Something like: if @.PreviousLocation.empty then @.location.move; end;

But this is only a first suggestion. If you share a bit more information on your own ideas (maybe upload a model) then we can offer more specific help.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Forcing a container to move before it is full

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for your suggestion. I have been trying to avoid using time based triggers as the model has shifts and failures applied.

I think if I modify the code you suggested to look at if the previous machine and buffer are full it should work.

Thank you.