Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula in Tables including strings

Creator
Creator

Is it possible to use a formula to combine strings in a table to create a chart? I am trying to create a simple chart where people would just have to fill in the top bar and the rest automatically fills in but i seem to get the error: Addressing by index is only possible for lists, arrays or for objects with capacity >1

i tried by using ?[3,0]+".statWorkingPortion" or by putting a sum of strings combining two cells. Picture can be found below.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Formula in Tables including strings

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Something like this could be possible when you change the Data Source to Data Table (tab: Data). But we often also use a drag and drop control to fill up the Input channels. This may be a little less complicated than the formula option.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It works in principle, but I would advise against it.

You would have to enter a formula (by clicking the "Formula" button in the ribbon bar) into the Input Channels table. The source code of the formula would be something like this:
@[1,0] + ".StatWorkingPortion"

Note that in a formula ? refers to the object (in this case the Chart), and @ refers to the table itself (in this case the Input Channels table).

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Upon second reading, I would also advise against your approach using formulas.If you fill up the whole table with formulas, but some header cells are not filled in, you will get errors.

You already want the user to take some actions. Therefore I would recommend either a kind of wizard (there already is a built-in wizard in the chart) or a drag-and-drop control where you fill in the header and the references to the statistics.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com