Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Functions for manipulating strings

Legend
Legend

Hello!

I've recently been doing a lot of text manipulation, and adding a replace function would certainly be helpful. 

replaceString(SourceText:<string>, TextToReplace:<string>, TextToReplaceWith:<string>)

also, being able to specify a format as an optional argument for the format string to str_to_datetime would also be useful. Sort of like this:

str_to_datetime("2015-05-03 23:12:55.2543", "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MMSmiley FrustratedS.ffff")

and similarly for str_to_time.

createNestedList could also use an optional parameter specifying the name of the table to be created. tablefile.createNestedList(1,1, "NewTableName")

Don't know how requested these features are or if anyone else agrees with me, but I could certainly have use of these functions.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Functions for manipulating strings

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello verbalins,

thanks for your suggestions!

in the upcoming release 12.2 we already have a new function regex_replace which allows you to replace substrings using regular expressions.

We will take your other suggestions into consideration for one of our next releases.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.