Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAWizard Generation Change (change the number of "Size generation" in the middle of optimization)

Hello guys,

I have a few question related to GAWizard settings. In order to get the optimal result, i try to change the number of "Size of generation" in the middle of optimization process by using GAWizard.

is it possible to change the number of "Size generation" in the middle of optimization process? 

For an example, i set the number of generation 50. From generation 1 to generation 30, i set the "Size of generation" number equal as number of generation. And from generation 31 to generation 50, i want to set "Size of Generation" number as 2 times number of generation.

I try to change the method  "generationchange" in the GAwizard, but it looks like no impact at all.

i will be very pleased, if anyone can help my problem.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kharisma/カリスマ

4 REPLIES

Re: GAWizard Generation Change (change the number of "Size generation" in the middle of op

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Kharismav,

it is impossible to change the “Size of generation” during the optimization. That's not the intention of the GAWizard.

Of course, it is impossible to change the parameters of the GAWizard during the optimization. The GAWizard gives the warning: "Note that clicking Apply deletes the data resulting from the optimization."

At the end of the optimization you can continue the optimization for additional generations by the following SimTalk code:

GAWizard.GAOptimization.numGenerations := 60
GAWizard.start

Regards,

Peter

Re: GAWizard Generation Change (change the number of "Size generation" in the middle of op

Hi Peter, Thank you for your answer.

I reallly  appreciated it.  If u dont mind, may i ask you one more question about GASequence Inital Value

In my optimization model, I am using automatically  (autoExec method). Before i start the optimization process by using "start" method, i use "ResetGA" method. The problem is the GASequence Initial Value that i set before, got reset (i do check it after the simulation finish).

Its look like theres something inside "ResetGA" method that reset my GASequence Inital Value.

Do you know which part of "ResetGA" method that reset my Initial Value of GASequence.

Thank you for you help.

Best Regard,

Kharisma/カリスマ

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Kharisma,

you mean the attribute InitRate of the GA Tables. The GAwizard uses InitRate = 0, otherwise the optimization is not reproducible. You can use the settings in the model as initialization:

var GAtable:object := GAWizard.GAOptimization.TaskTable[1,1]
GAtable.openDialog
GAtable.InitRate := 30

You can check the InitRate by

GAWizard.GAOptimization.Evolution := true

At the end of the optimization open the object GAWizard.GAOptimization via the menu Objects of the GAWizard. Tab Recording, button Evolution, you can see that the first generation has Individual1_1, ... with chromosomes, which are defined on tab Contents of the GA Table in column Initial Sets -->.

Please note, that the GAWizard does not changes the InitRate.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your help. 

Best Regards,

Kharisma.