Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap between MUs

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone, 

On my 3D model I have different conveyors (some with accumulation and some without).
I'd like to enforce a gap between my MUs on the whole track, whenever if the MUs are moving on the track or waiting on an accumulation zone. 

Thank you very much. 
BR 
O.C

10 REPLIES

Re: Gap between MUs

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

So, what is exactly the problem?

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

You can change the MU-length in the MU-dialog. If you have a MU which is 0.8m and you want a gap of 0.2m between each MU you should enter 1m as MU-length in the dialog.

Legend
Legend
Hello Nomden,
Sorry for not being enough clear !
I don't want to see two MUs touching each other even with the accumulation check conveyors.
I 'd like to respect a distance between the MUs.
I hope It's clearer what I'm trying to do.

Thank you

Legend
Legend
Hello Toobor,

Thank you for you comment ! I know this trick but I doesn't work when the vector graphics mode.

I have a trick to modelise what I'm looking for, is to create a plane surface with the global dimensions and then create a cuboid on this surface. I can also make this surface transparent for a better view.

My question is can we do the same but with a simpler way !

Thank you

Solution Partner Phenom

This is a bit clearer. In essence, the gap options of the Line object only enforce those gaps when an MU enters the object. When Accumlating is switched on, it means that MUs can still accumulate at the end as a result of blocking.

So, the question is wether your accumlating conveyor is really not just a non-accumulating conveyor. I have seen combined cases. A conveyor stretch can consist of several modules, which by themselves are non-accumulating, but the overall behaviour is "quite accumulating". You could create the same kind of behavior by cutting up a long Line object into multiple objects.

You can always set the Speed of an accumulating Line to 0 to stop all MUs on the same object.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Legend
Legend
Thank you for your comment Nomden !

Cutting my whole track to plenty of tiny conveyors seems efficient but too much boring !
I thought that there is an simpler way to handle it. I will keep my first trick to do handle, by creating a transparent square in the 3D icon and draw my MU on it, it works very well !

Thank you for you help !
Regards
O.C

Solution Partner Phenom

So, in fact you are using a stretched MU then, and only show the gap through visualization. Makes sense.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Legend
Legend
I didn't understand the idea.
What do you mean by stretched MU ?

Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom

Say you need a 0.2 meter gap between MUs that are 0.8 meter long. You will then actually use a MU with a length of 1 meter. When visualizing in 3D, you draw a block of 0.8 meters in length, so that there just appears to be a gap. Plant Simulation will of course take the actual length of 1 meter for the MUs.

In 2D it may be quite easy to show the gap with vector graphics, since you can specify a different border color and a border width. If you pick grey for the border, you can at least suggest the gap. Again, not exactly what you want, but you decided to simplify your model anyway (and you are most probably justified to do so).

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com