Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generator active at regular intervals

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everybody, just started with tecnomatix at the Master. I have to make a generator that control a method and it has to activate at regular intervals (7 minutes) for a specific time (20 seconds). I don’t know how to make these regular intervals. I Hope somene can help me.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Generator active at regular intervals

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Insert your generator, open its object dialog and set the interval to const 7:00, then set the duration to const 20.

When you then create controls for interval respectively duration, you can then write the code that shall be triggered upon activation (interval) and deactivation (duration). You can create a control there by clicking into the edit field and press F4.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for the quick answer. Inforgot to say that I don’t know simtalk. I can understand it if it is not difficult, but nothing expecial. For example for the methods I just changed some parameters of a code that I foundon internet. If you could give me the code or a place where I can find it I would really appreciate it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What I described was so far in the UI.

What you do you with your SimTalk code depends on what you actually want to achieve with the method.

In other words: What shall happen when something is "activated" and what shall happen when something is "deactivated"?

Let me explain in a little example:
Say, activating means that a station "SingleProc" is unpaused

Then, the code in your interval control could look like this:

SingleProc.Pause := false

Deactivating then could mean that the station is paused, so the code in the duration control could look like this:

SingleProc.Pause := true

If you now set the processing time of the station to 1 second and just connect a source before it and a drain after it,

for 20 seconds, the SingleProc should process 1 part per second and for 6 minutes 40 seconds, it should do nothing.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

I explain you better the situation because as far as I understand it would be easier giving me an answer. I have a road with two sensors, a generator that controls the method interval of traffic_light_control and another method called transporter_control. In the end there is the single process traffic_light_1 with the user defined go (boolean, true). As far as I've seen the single process processing time does not afflict the simulation. This has to simulate a traffic light where red and green fire has different durations. 

This is the code of traffic_light_control:

is
 do
   if traffic_light_1.go then
      traffic_light_1.go:=false;
   else
       traffic_light_1.go:=true;
    end;
end;

This is the code of transporter_control:

(sensorID : integer)
is
  do
      if ?=road1 and sensorID=1 then
           if traffic_light_1.go=false then
                 @.stopped:=true;
                 waituntil traffic_light_1.go prio 1;
                 @.stopped:=false;
           end;
    end;
end;

Hope this could help and I do really appreciate your help and I'm sorry for all these questions.

Phenom
Phenom

This is how you can set a traffic light in cyclic intervals

Unbenannt.png