Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Get "Value Added" from eventcontroller summary

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

I want to get the column "Value Added" from the eventcontrollers summary by Simtalk. I simulate several different products, so I want to get the value for each product type.. Is this possible?

Best Regards
_Busck

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Get "Value Added" from eventcontroller summary

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

is it ok to do it the simple way? :-) statProdWorkingPortion is the original attribute!

2018-08-30 12_51_22-Tecnomatix Plant Simulation Help.png

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Solution Partner Legend

A simple way is the best way! :-)

But I looked into that, and I can't get it to work. On a drain statProdWorkingPortion  returns a real. I assume this is the average of all products entering the drain. In the summary report it is presented for each product type. This is what I need.

Siemens Phenom

it needs to be read from the classes of the MU(s)

2018-08-30 13_12_23-NoName.spp - Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 14.1 - .Models.Frame.png

Regards

Solution Partner Legend

I see. In my model I use one MU class. In the model a source produces this MU but gives it four different names (the name is used as a type identifier). 

I am trying to get the "Value Added" values in a Endsim method. Do you have any idea if this is possible?

Siemens Phenom

My first approach to answer was, simply create subclasses of the MUs that are required, but this would lead to a

• minor failure at this value, in case the number of MUs still in process is much smaller than the already finished MUs
  • major failure at this value, in case the number of MUs still in process is not much smaller than the already finished MUs

because each MU which not has been deleted on the drain would be considered too ... AND ... your'e right, in case you utilize the same class for renamed MUs, it's just not what you expect.

I don't know your case, but the accurate way would definately be to consider the values that are propagated by the drain. Unfortunately for you the value in the designated report is only internally calculated and can't be accessed directly (clarified with our developpers).

Nevertheless, dividing IP_P_Mean by LT_Mean for each row (MU) will give you the expected value. Run the spp for better understanding.

Regards

Solution Partner Legend

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I was thinking about simply creating subclasses of the MU, and in the entranceCtrl of the Drain read the statProdWorkingPortion and write the value to a table for the correct product type. This way the table is updated for each deleted MU, so I could simply read from the table in the endsim method. 

But to calculate it  with IP_P_Mean and LT_Mean was a simpler method, thanks for the clarification!

Siemens Phenom

Solved - Accepted.png

... it eases other users search ...

Regards