Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetDisruptionEndTime and manual failures

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello,

I have a model where a flow control sends an MU to a successor depending on the failure time of a machine. Say we have Machine 1, Machine 2. If the failure time of Machine 1 overshoots a certain time, the MU is sent to Machine 2.

This works fine for a failure profile generating automatic failures, and per the help file GetDisruptionEndTime only works for automatic failures, but I need to run the model with manual failures too.

My code so far looks at GetDisruptionEndTime, but since manual failures doesn't generate a new value, how can I get around this? Is the only way to use a custom variable where I write the GetDisruptionEndTime and my own custom "end time" for the failure and compare against this custom variable instead of "GetDisruptionEndTime" ?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: GetDisruptionEndTime and manual failures

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

When you insert a failure manually, you could do it with a little SimTalk. The command endFailureIn() may do the trick for you to create the DisruptionEnd event. More precise, you could use prompt() to specify the duration.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: GetDisruptionEndTime and manual failures

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Thank you for the reply. I solved it maybe in a little more complex way by creating my own variable where I set my custom failure end time (SimTime + the failure duration) for a manual failure, and back to GetDisruptionEndTime() when I turn off the manual failure.

I will experiment with using endFailureIn().

Thank you!