Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical representation of ASRS

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hello everyone, I am trying to create a custom ASRS model in plant simulation. I have built the logic part. i am struggling with 3D representation part of it. I wanted to know how to add 3D graphics to ASRS(like rack, track, vehicle, etc) such that, when i add new ASRS, it takes the graphics i added. Not the graphics it creates. So far, i am successful in adding the graphics and stopping it from creating new graphics. I wanted to know if there is any way i can change graphics(when i change capacity, length etc). Thanks,
2 REPLIES

Re: Graphical representation of ASRS

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello learner,

to modify the graphic of e.g. the rack seving unit you could change the graphic in your class object, either manually or by importing a graphic file through SimTalk.

Then each new instance will inherit this modified custom graphic.

For adapting the rack graphic in the already mentioned HBW library we use SimTalk to create the geometry parts and position them in the rack object. There are basically two ways of doing so:

a) you can use direct SimTalk functions like <object>._3D.createCuboid(...) to create simple geometries of your 3D object. Please read also the online help, chapter "Built-in Methods for creating 3D shapes"

b) you can also use the function <object>._3D.createIndexedFaceSet(...) for creating your geometries, here composed of a list of facets. This is an advanced approach, suitable for complex shapes. Again the online help gives more details.

Once you have the static 3D geometry of your object composed, you most probably need to adapt the MU animation. you can fill  the positioning parameter of MU animations into a table and, once finished, use the table to assign the MU animation to your object:

<object>._3D.MUAnimations.setTable(table)

Please have a look to the first three methods of the object GenericRack in the HBW3D library for use cases of the above mentioned concepts.

Regards

gepi

Re: Graphical representation of ASRS

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hello Gepi, Thanks for the prompt reply. I am working on the model. Will update as soon as i finish the model. Thanks again,