Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Status Lost in V14.2

Legend
Legend

Hi all,

sorry to probably rise a 'dum' question, but somehow I lost the status of graphics in V14.2:

- The XYZ bottom left is gone

- Pressing 'F' in the 3D layout does not show the status of fps, nodes, etc. anymore (... my F keyboard button is OK)

I spend some time searching in help.

I use the top display from V13.1.

Regards

CoordinatesAndGrahicalStatusLost001png.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Graphics Status Lost in V14.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Such a view means that your graphic driver is not (or apparently no longer) capable of displaying text. We typically have encountered this on virtual machines or with very old display drivers.

I suppose we are on the same machine on which you had your recent performance problems, right?

Did you by any chance change something around your graphic adapter/driver/... in-between?

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Legend
Legend

Yes, we are on the same model, I did quite some graphical improvements based on what you recommended.

I had 2..3 frames more, up to 10..11 FPS.

At a certain moment the frame, nodes, etc.  update rate did not show up anymore for V14.2 (any model).

V13.1 is still OK.

Siemens Phenom

Does V13.1 still show a frame rate line, and if so, what does it say (especially in the part that is talking about the graphic driver information)?

Legend
Legend

Here is the display using a simple model in V13.1.

V13ModelStatus001.png

Siemens Phenom

It seems that the driver has not changed (the added "ATI Techniologies Inc." you recently saw in 14.2 is just some additional information we had not put out in 13.1 but from the look at the rest of the text, it looks the same).

It looks as if both program versions use different drivers or adapters. Does your driver happen to have some sort of profile management for specific applications? On my machine (which has both an NVIDIA adapter and integrated on-board graphic), I can select different graphic adapter to be used for different applications. I have got that setting in the NVIDIA control panel, I do not know whether or where there is an ATI counterpart. In any case, if you happen to find such a setting, you will have to restart Plant Simulation afterwards - I am almost certain that this will not affect a running application.

And: If you happen to find a solution to this, please  post it - I guess there will be others needing such information, too. Graphic adapter/driver issues tend to be rather difficult to get solved in some cases (and apparently, you have such a case).

BTW:

I'm starting to agree that a new adapter actually might be called for (just not for the performance reason) - your adapter might be out of driver maintenance (although that is a wild guess).

Legend
Legend

I have not found any profile management for this Radeon card.

I know that NVIDIA has such feature which can be run directly from the Windows control panel.

I did not find anything to setup in the Windows device manager, pictures shown below.

IT will install PlantSim on a 2nd CAD station here (KS2200 graphics) to let me try out the performance, hopefully this week.

AMDRadeonSettings001.png

AMDRadeonSettings002.pngAMDRadeonSettings003.pngAMDRadeonSettings004.png

I have tried the same model on another CAD station here (Quadro 4000 graphics), there is no problem.

NVIDIACAD202_001.png

This CAD station station has a NVIDIA Control Panel

NVIDIA_Settings4PlanSim001.png

Legend
Legend

I have received a new PC, actually a CAD station with KS2200.

Now I have improved graphics performance.

FPS is up to ~200

The X,Y,Z cross is correct again, the labels were gone.

Phenom
Phenom
What was the FPS performance before with the same model /frame /graphic objects ?