Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling store inventory and material flow quantity as meters

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I need to create a simulation of the network according to the image below. I think the main issue is how to control material flow as its quantity is in meters. I'm hoping to have some advices for this project.

1. I need create a demand for 18 different items once in every month for a year. For example Item1 300 meters, Item2 250 meters, Item3 550 meters etc. Should i use Source -> Drain and exit control to create a demand?

2. Control both warehouses inventory (could be same items in both) as meters and generate deliverys according to the demand. Also need to set initial stock levels for each item. Any advices on this? I think the Kanban tools doesn't scale to my needs as i use meters.

3. Sources generate each item as batches like Item1 1000 meters, Item2 500 meters etc. SingleProcs are just time consuming elements. These deliverys should be updated to warehouse inventory. 

Network.JPGThank you for your time and any advices,

Toni

2 REPLIES

Re: Handling store inventory and material flow quantity as meters

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

From your description it seems as though the length of material does not affect the actual flow and queuing of materials. I suggest you use normal entities with user-defined attributes where you specify the item name and length of that item. Please correct me if I have misunderstood you.

For the warehouse, see the example: Examples -> Small Examples -> Category: Discrete Material Flow -> Topic: Store -> Example: Warehouse Control

Re: Handling store inventory and material flow quantity as meters

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the reply,

You understood it correctly and I think i can use user-defined attributes to handle this. I'll get back with more spesific questions if there will be any issues later. Thanks.