Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help assembly workstation

Creator
Creator

Hi Dears, I'm want to learning to use Plant Simulation, but I'm finding many difficulties. I need to do a simulation of the micromovements of workstation. There are 3 workstation, where the first workstation , for example, I need to assembly (it's a toy car) one chassis, after, put in one bearing and two screw, and repeat (one bearing/ two screw) four times. The next workstations are similar, but with another parts, of course. So, I tried to use the asembly and SingleProc, but, isn't works. Only the simulation to pickup the second chassis, when the finished the four bearing (and 8 screws).
Please, I need some example to understand how the software works to after do my simulation as my real situation of line.
Tks

6 REPLIES

Re: Help assembly workstation

Phenom
Phenom

Did you have a look in the "Examples" sub folder  in the Plant simulation folder ?

Creator
Creator

Yes, I saw. I did the model in attached. But, I use 1 minute to take the chassis, after 1 minute to take the bearing, after 1 minute to take a screw and more 1 minute to tighten, and are 2 screw, when the worker move the assembly of these parts to next pont of the line is that he can to take a new part of chassis and repeat the cycle of first assembly station. So, it's  produce 10 assemblys per hour. At the my model, it's produce 30 part per hour, because the model take the chassis, the bearing and the screws almost the same time.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Prieto,

as you correctly stated it, you are not getting the throughput that you expected as your processes are run in parallel. There are many possibilities to model such processes in a sequential manner. You can have a look at one such option in the attached model. There the throughput is 10 MUs per hour.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thanks Phenom, I found a good idea and I got to learning somethink with your model. But, how I wanna to study micromovements, I would like to see each step with a box, how I drew now (sequential manner - attached), but, the model only can a take a new Chassis Part, when the finished the second Screw Part. I yet not got to do it.

Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

if that is the case you can have a look into the attached model. Here your original model setup was used again, but this time the flow of parts is controlled via entrance and exits controls of your "takeX" stations and the assembly station. These lock and unlock the entrance of the subsequent and previous station in such a way, that at each point in time only one part is being processed while the others are waiting.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Perfect Igor, I need exactely this. I understood how it works the control by entrance and exits. I only did a litle change at the SingleProc TakeScrew and TightenScrew (at the attached) because the TakeScrew was taking the second screw before TightenScrew finised. Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Prieto