cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 3D Self animations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

attached you can find my model of a storage and retrieval vehicle in combination with a high bay warehouse.

The model is not completed yet, by now i only modellized the storing process.

Somehow my SelfAnimations, which I set for the vehicle "RBG_Y", do not work properly. You can see how the yellow forks do not move smoothly, instead they jump in the end of their SelfAnimation.

Can anybody help me with this. I think the values I used are correct, since the overall model is operating how it should. But yet the 3D animations is not.

Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES

Re: Help with 3D Self animations

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I guess you want <out1> to move to the right. When I visualize the path, it goes to the left. The forward direction is always (1, 0, 0) meaning that an object by defualt always "looks" in positive X direction (to the right as seen from a top view). Every animation is defined in the object's own coordinate system.

So, I think you will have to change the second point of <out1> from (0, -1, 0) to (0, 1, 0). The other paths probably will have to be adapted similarly.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your response. However, this isn't the problem I meant in my post. I added a record to visualize my problem. Every time the SelfAnimation of the forks is triggered, this unsmooth jump occurs.

Phenom
Phenom

It seems your Y- selfanimations take a bit longer than 1 sec.

I have set the wait time to 1.1s ( 1.01s also works)

Have a look.

Furthermore I would suggest in this case to wrap all axis graphics  into  1 RBG object

and not to create the RBG by cascading 2 vehicle objects (y,z) on the x base object

at the beginning of the simulation.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for answering. You helped me a lot!

According to your suggestion, how would the 3D object look like then?

In this case, would I have to wrap all RBG objects together and then create single "AnimationObjects" within this single object?

Experimenter
Experimenter

here's an example.

Unbenannt.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your response. Very helpful as well!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Peter,

I learn to define and play selfanimations of PickAndPlace,then I try to make animation of PickAndPlace like the guides you provided.However,when I use the simtalk to call the selfanimations,It occurred  wrong and It pointed out the .I try to use many ways,but it makes no sense.Can you provide some helps?

The simtalk sentences I wrote are followings:

1.PNG

I'm waiting in hope for you help!

Thanks in advance.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are two issues to address here:

1. First of all, typically, it should not be necessary to work on self animations for a PickAndPlace manually. A PickAndPlace provides a built-in set of animations that should already work.
  2. Now assuming, you do not work on a PickAndPlace or you know exactly what you do, the next issue at hand is that an animatable object (this is what _3D.getObject(...) returns) is not of type object. It has a type that is only internally distiguished from the rest and that is presented to the user as any. So, your correct assignment should that the result and assign it to a variable of type any, e.g.
    var z : any;
    z := PickAndPlace._3D.getObject("z");

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Peter

I have some confusions about how the PickandPlace work,especially the animations in 3d. For Example,In my case ,I have defined the rotation aniamtion of the animationobject "z",and the angle table of pickandplace also is filled out the rotation angle to  target object.However,when I play the animation,I found it made no effect. Could you tell me how the PickandPlace works and How can I adjust the contradiction between the user-defined animation of the PickandPlace and the angle table of  the PickandPlace,especially the contradiction between the user-defined animation of the animationobject called "z" of the PickandPlace and  the angle table of  the PickandPlace.

Thanks again.