Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Help with 3D Self animations

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

attached you can find my model of a storage and retrieval vehicle in combination with a high bay warehouse.

The model is not completed yet, by now i only modellized the storing process.

Somehow my SelfAnimations, which I set for the vehicle "RBG_Y", do not work properly. You can see how the yellow forks do not move smoothly, instead they jump in the end of their SelfAnimation.

Can anybody help me with this. I think the values I used are correct, since the overall model is operating how it should. But yet the 3D animations is not.

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES

Re: Help with 3D Self animations

I guess you want <out1> to move to the right. When I visualize the path, it goes to the left. The forward direction is always (1, 0, 0) meaning that an object by defualt always "looks" in positive X direction (to the right as seen from a top view). Every animation is defined in the object's own coordinate system.

So, I think you will have to change the second point of <out1> from (0, -1, 0) to (0, 1, 0). The other paths probably will have to be adapted similarly.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your response. However, this isn't the problem I meant in my post. I added a record to visualize my problem. Every time the SelfAnimation of the forks is triggered, this unsmooth jump occurs.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mknguyen
‎11-04-2016 03:30 PM

[ Edited ]

It seems your Y- selfanimations take a bit longer than 1 sec.

I have set the wait time to 1.1s ( 1.01s also works)

Have a look.

Furthermore I would suggest in this case to wrap all axis graphics  into  1 RBG object

and not to create the RBG by cascading 2 vehicle objects (y,z) on the x base object

at the beginning of the simulation.

Thank you for answering. You helped me a lot!

According to your suggestion, how would the 3D object look like then?

In this case, would I have to wrap all RBG objects together and then create single "AnimationObjects" within this single object?

here's an example.

Unbenannt.png

Thanks for your response. Very helpful as well!