Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How can I create a given number of parts by "source" at the same time every day?

I will run a simulation model of a manufacturing plant for multiple days. I need a given number of entities, say, 450 entities, entering the manufacturing system at a fixed time, say, 12:30pm everyday. My question is how I can configure this using "Source"?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author csw
Saturday

Re: How can I create a given number of parts by "source" at the same time every day?

In the Source, set the Start time (relative to the start time of the EventController) and Interval to 1 day.

Then determine if you really need 450 separate items. If not, a single MU represents these 450 items.

In any case, set SequenceCyclical for MU-selection and specify a tablefile with relevant data. In this table, under Number you set 450. Make sure that there is sufficient space after the Source, since it will try to create the items at once every 24h.
Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com
Solution
Solution
Saturday

Re: How can I create a given number of parts by "source" at the same time every day?

Hi Csw,

Time of creation is "Interval Adjustable", Interval is a day (1:00:00:00) and Start is 12:30:00.

MU selection is "Sequence Cyclical" and the assigned Table has a single row with number 450.

Build a model consisting of Source and Drain. On the tab Statistics select the chechbox "Creation Table".

Run the simulation and check the CreationTable. Oh yes, I forgot to select the checkbox "Generate as batch".

In other words, 6 settings. The attached model file if for Plant Simulation 12 or later.

Regards,

Peter

Solution
Solution
Saturday

You can use the delivery table in the source to create the objects at a specific point in time. 

Open Source-->Attributes Tab-->Time of creation-->DeliveryTable

Once you select delivery table drag and drop a tablefile in the Table filed at the bottom. The tablefile will automatically format based on the DeliveryTable format. 

Sachin