Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export single 3D object instead of export scene?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am struggling for 3D modeling to represent  real machine configuration on 3D model.

I found out a suitable 3D configuration on example file, but  it seems export scenen only allows all 3D configuration in the 3D model.

Can you kindly share with me how to export only single 3D model from another 3D model?

Thank you in advance,

Sumin

8 REPLIES

Re: How can I export single 3D object instead of export scene?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Sumin,

this depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you just need the graphics of an object, you can simply open the window of that object in 3D and select "Export Graphics". You can open every object in 3D with the context menu command "Open in New 3D Window".

If you want to have animation structures and Animatable Objects as well, you select "Export Object". This command is only available for classes without origin (which is true for virtually all classes"). If you have an object instance you want to export then, you first need to go to its class and export that object.

The third case would be to export a full Plant Simulation object with all simulation and animation data - this function can be found in the context menu of the class objects in the class library as "Save Object as...".

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello  Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on your comments,  the third option looks suitable for me. So I tried save objects as to export simulation objects and animation data. Unfortunately, when I shift the 2D model to 3D after load the saves as object file, the 3D models show only default configurations.

It means annimation file seems not included when the object export (saved object as...)

Siemens Phenom

When you load an .obj file, 3D data is only loaded if 3D is active at that time. I guess, 3D was switched off while you loaded the file.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you!, I should do switch on 3D loading...
By the way, I try to look for both "export object" and "Export Graphics", but I could not find them... Because I just want to need graphics of object, but I could not find Export Graphics.. Sorry if I bother you

Siemens Phenom

No problem.

In the 3D Edit ribbon, the panel "File" on the left border contains those items. There is the group "Export Scene" with the two entries "Export Graphics" and "Export Object".

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you for reply!
I tried Export object in the Export Scene group, but I realized that "exported object" brings a whole objects as .s3d file.... I guess export object belong to export scene... isn't it?

Siemens Phenom

Yes, that's why the command is inside that submenu.

However, you can always open a window for a single object and go to its class.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you!