Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Capacity of a buffer Dynamically during the running of the model?

Genius
Genius

Hello,everyone

I create a model ,in which i wanna change  the capacity of a buffer Dynamically during of running of the model.

However ,I have no idea about it.I dont  know how to program  the method .when and how to trigger the method. 

I will explain it in detail:

Step1:At the start of the model,the capacity of the buffer is 8:when it is full , in which all parts will move out at a time. then the another 8 parts will enter. it works like this  for 6 times.  

Step2:Then the capacity of the buffer will change to 4,it works the same as above.after it works this for 5 times. 

Step3:Then the capacity of the buffer will change to 8. The value of the buffer will repeat this cycle.  

I need  your directions .

2 REPLIES

Re: How to Change the Capacity of a buffer Dynamically during the running of the model?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Mark,

in an Init method you can set the capacity by infinite loop. When you want to reduce the capacity you must ensure that the number of MUs on the buffer is sufficiently small. In the attached example the capacity is reduced when the buffer is empty.

Regards,

Peter

while true

Buffer.Capacity := 8
for var j := 1 to 6
Buffer.ExitLocked := true
Buffer.entranceLocked := false
Waituntil Buffer.full prio 1
Buffer.ExitLocked := false
Buffer.entranceLocked := true
Waituntil Buffer.empty prio 1
next

Buffer.Capacity := 4
for var j := 1 to 5
Buffer.ExitLocked := true
Buffer.entranceLocked := false
Waituntil Buffer.full prio 1
Buffer.ExitLocked := false
Buffer.entranceLocked := true
Waituntil Buffer.empty prio 1
next
end

Re: How to Change the Capacity of a buffer Dynamically during the running of the model?

Genius
Genius

Hi,Peter

Thanks for your patience and concerns , your answer is so quick ,I will study the model you post  carefully.

What's more ,could you spare some time to  look at the problem i post  to be sovled?

Give my best regards to you!

the thread is shown in the following :

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/How-to-deal-with-the-LOGIC-of...