Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a folder’s name to the attributes “Rootfolder” of an objects as its value?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello ,everyone

When I create a model,  it is necessary to set the value of attribute “Rootfolder” of the object “RSU_x” while its initial value is “void” .You can refer to the picture which I posted.

So I add a new variable named “ rootfolder” and set “HBW3D” as its value,”HBW3D” is the name of the folder”HBW3D” .However ,it failed for the “rootfolder” is “keyword”. What should I do if I want to set “HBW3D” as its value?

Thank you!

rootfolder.JPG

5 REPLIES

Betreff: How to add a folder’s name to the attributes “Rootfolder” of an objects as its value?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

There's something wrong in your model. The HBW3D is a library, but in your screenshot it has lost the library-property. Normally all library folders are by default also rootfolders. Here's how it looks when I load HBW3D into my model:

grafik.png

Note that HBW3D has the attribute rootfolder of type boolean, which is set to true:

grafik.png

Then all non-folder-objects in that folder should automatically have their rootfolder-attribute set to that folder-object:

grafik.png

So the question is, why your HBW3D is no longer a library...!? Did you move it to another location?

And one hint: you should not add other objects inside the library folder, place them in other folders or they will be lost at a library-update.

Regards,
Alex

Betreff: How to add a folder’s name to the attributes “Rootfolder” of an objects as its value?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,AlexD_Simplan

I reset the rootfolder value as "true",now it can work.What's more ,the the object "HBW3D" is created by me according to the example.

Thanks for your advice!

Gears Phenom

Hi MarkLee,

sorry I didn't know that you created HBW3D by your own, because there is a standard library with the same name for modeling HBW in 3D:

grafik.png

Is there a reason why you did not use that one, but rather re-build your own HBW3D?

Regards,
Alex

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Alex

the objects "HBW3D" in the standard class library are very  powerful. And i wanna appy it but i dont know how to use it .

I have tried many many times ,it always failed ,so I have to create the "HBW3D " objects as standard class library.

Specifically, the parts cann't  be moved  to the racks  when they entry the lines.

Also,the storage strategy is restricted,namely ,it was used to defined rule.There are no other rules ,such as random and step by step.

Gears Phenom

OK, I see. That's exactly why I program my own objects, too Smiley Happy