Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a Information Flow variable object's value?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just started using Plant Simulation. In the .models.frame, I have an integer variable object. I wanted to change it, but the "Apply" button is not available when I want to save the change to the value. The box aside the value edit box is checked if that helps. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: How to change a Information Flow variable object's value?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I needed the model to tell the reason, but usually you only get this behavior in case you run a Viewer accidentally, after having introduced the Variable in a regular License. The screenshot attached shows both cases. Viewer on top, Professional below. Inside a Viewer (or Pack&Go) you´re not permitted to apply any changes (besides minor exceptions).

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply! I am using the student edition. Here I attached the picture. As shown in this figure, the apply button can't be accessed. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
If the loaded model exceeds the number of allowed objects (which is 80 in the Student Lic) you'll not be allowed to utilize that Lic, so it just operates like a Viewer (meaning you`re not able to do any modifications). The Student Lic is not supposed to be utilized for enhancing models of this size ...

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Experimenter
Experimenter

I used the professional version to load the model again. It works now! I think it is the problem that the number of objects exceeded 80. Thanks very much for your help!