Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the “event controller”?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, Everyone!

I have a problem, As the picture is shown, I can’t move the bar of “event controller” to slow down the mode which I marked in the picture. The model is attachment. I need your help.

event controller.PNG

Thanks for you advice!

4 REPLIES

Re: How to control the “event controller”?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello

That bar is used to control the simulation time and not the real time.

In the picture provded it is running at 43200x real time, so for every real second the simulation is attempting to do 43200 seconds. It is likely too fast so instead it will run as quickly as it can to get close to that value (and of course will vary depending on your computer).

If you uncheck the 'Real Time' checkbox, it will then be in simulation time more instead where you can use the slider but cannot enter in a number. The slider represents how quickly the model will run and uses the values 1% to 100%, where 100% is as fast as possible.

The difference between the 2 modes is how it handles the time between the code being ran, in real time it will wait to ensure that the viewer can keep track of the flow in a linear process, while in simulation time it is skipped compleatly and event after event will be ran with the model's graphics being updated along the way.

JamesM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,JamesM!

Firstly,thanks for you feedback !I understnad your words.howerver,eventhough i dont check the 'Real Time' checkbox, the slider bar is unavailable,it cannot move,so that the model ends in a shot time ,I want to watch the process through slowing down the slider.

Phenom
Phenom

to activate the slider bar ( in v12.x),

switch off "real time" and

press the "apply" button

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,sir!

I try it on ,it runs successful !

Thank u very much!