Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Elevator to up and down the Mus(parts)?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone

Long time no see!

I wanna know is there an "elevator" object  to up and down the Mus(parts)? I'll use an elevator to move the parts to the objects (such  as  conveyor ) with different height.It's a little complex if I create it with an method.Could you give some advice?

You can see in the following picture with  red marks.

I'll describe it in detail:

1.When the part  is finished by the machine"m1",it willl be moved to the "elevator"(RSU_T).

2.The "elevator" gets the destination where the the part should be move to(L1,L2,L3,L4 or L5 of type "Line")

3.Then ,the "elevator"  will lift the part up and mvoe it to destination.

4.Next,  it  will come back the "initial position"   and be ready for another task.

elevator.JPG

Also,I post the model in the attachment.

Looking forward to your directions, it'll be much better if you can share such an model !

Any help is great appreciated!

9 REPLIES

Re: How to create an Elevator to up and down the Mus(parts)?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

There is no built in object to perform this task but there is many different ways you could model it.

Track and Transporter:

You could model it flat, create a track and use a transporter to be the lift platform and then you can use the load and unload features of transfer stations (or better still some quick methods) to load and unload the MU.

Change a Line

This is one of the best results graphically but it will not work out of the box to go to multiple different destinations. Take a look at the following forum topic. https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/Modeling-a-lift-elevator/m-p/...

Creating your own Lift

This is the most long winded way of doing this and will require the most effort but you could create your own lift and make this an element that can be added to any project you need to do, but you will need to do everything from scratch, you want accelleration, then you will have to model it yourself. Doing this will be the most flexiable as long as you create your object with future uses in mind.

JamesM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,JamesM

Thanks for your adivce and sharing .I'll review it carefully and try to create a lift or elevator by myself.If i have any problem or I work it out ,I'll post it.

Have a good time!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

Beginning with 13.1 a demo implementation of a lift is available. Right click in the class library and select 'Save/Load->Load Object...'.

In the file select box select on the left side 'Tecnomatix Plant Simulation->Objects'.

Then you should see on the right side Lift.obj.

Look at the user-defined attributes to see how the lift is implemented. You can set the height and speed of the lift with the two user-defined attributes. LiftHeight and LiftSpeed.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,RalfTobel

According to your adivce,I cant find the object.

Could you share the process  how to look for it  with marked pictures?

Give my best regards to you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The fastest way would be to go to the installation folder. In the sub folder Objects you should see Lift.obj. Just drag it to your class library.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Gears Phenom

Hello

From what I remember looking at it before, this is the same as the object shared on this post ( https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/Modeling-a-lift-elevator/m-p/... ) in the topic that I linked eariler, so if in doubt you can get the same model from there.

JamesM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,RalfTobel

Firstly,thanks for your adivice.

Secondly,I use the "lift" object to analog the model and post it in the attachment.

When I run it,the first  lift (lift1) with only 1 source (which the entitys come from)  goes smoothly. However,the second lift (lift2) with 2 sources cannot go sommthly,it runs in a wrong way.As is shown in the following pictures with marks. when the part with green mark  will enter the lift2, the lift2 cannot go to the right postion .

In fact,what i wanna the lift to be : the parts from several sources  enter to  the lift  and  parts  move to several exits  through the lift.Nomatter  the entering or moving out of the lift ,the lift shoud go the right position.

lift.JPG

I need your great help,it will be better if you can modify in the attachmen model!

Best regards to you!

Gears Phenom

Hello,

Having a quick look at the model, the OnEntrance control for Lift1 checks which line has the most MU's on it, the top or the bottom and then sets the height of the Lift1 depending on this, where it should instead be checking where the MU has just come from or where the lift currently is.

JamesM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,JamesM

Thanks for your idea,I understand your meaning and i try it to program it .However i find it a little difficult for me.

What's more,I look for some examples of similiar models and i find it .Now I'm studying it ,later i will post and share it.

In a word,this forum is great helpful and have so many valuable materials for new learners. Also,there are many experts like you!

Thank U!