Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to deal with the LOGIC of the multiple lines' exit_control to meet assemble?

Genius
Genius

Hello,everyone

I have a little complex problem about the LOGIC of the lines' Exit_control  and post it in the attachment.

Now I will explain it in the following picture1(model1) :

the processing time is  very approximate between the "M1" and "M2"

Step1 the "Bule" part enters the "M3" ,then it will go to "L1". The "Pallet" and "Red" parts enters the "M1",after being finished ,it will go to "L1".

Step2  the "L1" will distinguish  the different parts , then the "Red" will go to "L2",the"Blue" will go to "L3".

Step3 the "L2"and "L3" have the same capacity(12). if the number of  parts on  the "L2"  is more than the specified number(here is 10) and the "M2" is occupied, the part will move to the"B1" until the number of pars on the "L2" is no more than 10.

the setting of the "L3" is similiar with "L2", of course ,they have different destinations.

Step4 if the "L2" has no parts (such as the "M1" is broken for a long time), the part will move to "M2" when necessary.

the setting of the "L3" is similiar with "L2", of course ,they have different destinations.

Step5 

the "Pallet" with "Red" parts will move to "M2" firstly, then one "Blue"  part will move to the cont of the "M2"(namely ,move(M2.cont). that is to say ,"M2" assembles 1 Blue part with  1"Pallet",now the "Pallet" has 1 red and 1 blue part  on it. 

After being finished , they will move to "L5".the model1 can run smoothly.

However,In the picture2(model2):the processing time is  very different between the "M1" and "M2", now the model2 cannot run smoothly. What should i do to modify the program  of the "L2" and "L3" exit_control?

Looking forward to your directions !

Any help is great appreciated!

捕获.JPG

Picture 1

捕获1.JPG

Picture 2

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to deal with the LOGIC of the multiple lines' exit_control to meet assemble?

Legend
Legend

In model 2, the problem I see is that Sensor 1 on L2 is blocked by when three blue MUs accumulate at the end of the line.  The rear edge of the third blue MU cannot advance past the sensor, so the next MU (red or blue) cannot reach the sensor.

Try limiting the number of blue MUs on L2 by modifying the OnExit control of M3 as follows:

waituntil L1.numMU < 2 prio 1
while not @.move(L1)

wait 0.5
end

Re: How to deal with the LOGIC of the multiple lines' exit_control to meet assemble?

Legend
Legend

I meant to say limit the number of blue MUs on L1, not L2.

Genius
Genius

Hello,RobertG

Thanks for your quick answers.I understand what you mean ,However,I wanna the 2 buffers(B1,B2) to store the which the  parts one the L2 or L3 is more than the specified number.If reach the target, What should I do?

Legend
Legend

OK - instead of modifying the OnExit control of M3, try modifying Method in model2 as follows:

if sensorID=1 and @.name="Pallet"

---repeat
      --  wait 0.5

---until  @.move(L23)

if L2.numMU >= 10
            @.move(B1)
            waituntil L2.numMU < 10 prio 1
      end
      @.move(L2)

elseif sensorID=2 and @.name="Blue"

--repeat
     -- wait 0.5

-- until  @.move(L24)

if L3.numMU >= 10
           @.move(B2)
           waituntil L3.numMU < 10 prio 1
     end

@.move(L3)
end

Genius
Genius

Hello,RobertG

Firstly, thanks  for  replies.Your suggestion is constructive.It will be an improvement solution for next step.

Well,for the actual condition,

"if L2.numMU >= 10
            @.move(B1)
            waituntil L2.numMU < 10 prio 1
      end"

the method  above should be triggered on L2 or B1, the part (more than the number ) move to "B1"  from "L2" rather than  "L1".

the other is the same with above. I wanna evaluate the effect  of the production line  in this situation.

Looking forward to your further directions!

Genius
Genius

Hello,RoberG

Thank you!

I study your model and modify it.and share it.