Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to equip MUs with attribute like OK and NOK

Creator
Creator

Dear Community,

I have a question regarding the equipping of MUs with different attributes/properties.

Specifically, I want to classify some parts machined in a SIngleProc as NOK parts as they might have failed the process due to failure of the SingleProc. it is important as the attribute if they are OK or NOK will define their further path throughout the line. Is there any easy way to identify them as an NOK part in the further process as they fail within the corresponding SingleProc?

Thank you for any help or advice in advance!

Best regards,

Timbo

6 REPLIES

Betreff: How to equip MUs with attribute like OK and NOK

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Timbo47,

you can define an attribute for the MU as for example isOK of type boolean and set this attribute to true or false depending if the MU is OK or NOK.

If you want to know how many failures the Mu has, then define the attribute as integer and every time there was a failure, you can increment the attribute. This is useful if you want to model reworking and you have to determin the rework time depending on the number of failures.

Hope this will help.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Hello GG,

Thank you for the advice! 

So one thing I don't understand then is how to link the attribute to the failure.

How do I trigger the change or increase of that failure counter with the failure of a SingleProc ?

Regards,

Timbo

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Timbo47,

you can use the Fail control of the station. Everytime a failure begins, you can increment the attribute in this control. The Failcontrol has two parameters: FailureIsStarting : boolean, ProfileName: string

With this it is also possible to decide if the failure of the station also creates a failure on the product or not.

Hope this helps.

regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Hello GG,

as I tried a lot of times now, I still did not figure out on how to implement that FailCtrl method correctly.

So how do I use it exactly? In an entrance control of the SingleProc? What are the returned parameters by the method?

And how exactly do I increment for example the nok integer-attribute I defined on the MU in case it is processed on a failed machine?

Do you maybe have a code example on this? I am really struggling to find out, at which point to call the method and what to do with it Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for your patience!

Timbo

Phenom
Phenom

If you take your time and look in plant simulation help and type in the key word

"fail control" you will find a detailed description of how to implement a fail control method.

In the created fail control method you can check

- if the station is empty or not ( if station.empty ...)

if station is not empty then set mu.ok attribute  (station.mu.ok:=false)

Creator
Creator

Ok got it, thanks!