Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate standard module library?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Is PlantSim able to generate standard module library? For example, after I make a Eleveator function, can I make it to a standard module and share it with other projects so that other people do not need to repeat my work?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Re: How to generate standard module library?

Legend
Legend

Yes. you can save it as object file and reload it whenever you want to use it in other models. 

save and load object.png

Sachin

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks !!!

Pioneer
Pioneer

This will save the whole model as an object right? What about if I just want to save a samll part and it's animation setting in a model? 

Legend
Legend

So first you need to move the object to the the class library then save it as OBJ file. . it can be a source or a frame or any object. but it has to be in th class library. in the below picture i have shown that i can save a source object as a *.obj file and then i can load it again in different model. Untitled.png

Sachin

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello

Instead of saving the object, saving it as a library would be better. To do so you got to select the right click option 'Make Library' and then you can enter in information about the library, then when your ready to save it then right click -> Save/Load -> Save Library As and then you can update the library information before you save it.

The benfit of using a library is you get the ability to easily update the objects within your models with the new updated object. You will find in your preferances a setting as to where your libraries are located, set this to a folder you want to use and store all of your libraries in there and then you can use the library manager to add any of the libraries to your models or to update any libraries (you are notfied within 30 mins of updating a library about a higher version being avalibe).

Also you can store multiple versions of the same library and swap between them by saving them under a different filename but in the same folder with only changing the version number on the library information.

JamesM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Where is the 'make library' option? Couldn't find 

Legend
Legend

instead of right clicking on the object, right click on any folder. Untitled.png

Sachin

Pioneer
Pioneer
Got! Thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer

Will it save the animation I made to the object as well?