cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate x parts each day for a year?

Creator
Creator

Hi, 

I am trying to set up the source to set up 2 parts every day for 255 days but with the delivery table it gives me an error (A time specified has become negative). I don't understand why. 
For me it would be fine also to use a normal distribution where on average 2 parts per day are generated for 255 days or 365 days (it doesn't matter). 

Anyone knows how to do this? I can attach the model if needed. 

5 REPLIES

Re: How to generate x parts each day for a year?

Genius
Genius

I think a delivery table should work.  The DeliveryTime column should contain the overall simulation time of each creation of two parts.  For example:

1:00:00:00.0000

2:00:00:00.0000

3:00:00:00.0000

and so on for each of the 255 days.

Creator
Creator

Yes it works now, I had a problem in a single process operation.
Do you know how to statistically distribute 20,000 objects over 255 days ? Instead of using a delivery table but maybe with a function.
Thanks 

Genius
Genius

You could do this in an exit control on your Source.

Continue to use a delivery table to create one new MU for each of the 255 days.  Connect this Source to a Drain.

In the Source exit control, determine the number of parts needed for the day with a random distribution with a mean of 20,000/255 = 78.4, rounded to an integer.   Then in a for loop, use the create method to generate that number of MUs to a Buffer that connects to the rest of your model.

Creator
Creator

Could you make a quick model example? I'm not so expert with this software and it looks quite complicate to me. 
Thanks in advance

Genius
Genius

Here's an example model.  An MU exits the Source once each day per the Source delivery table.  In the exit control Method, a random number of copies of this MU is created.

This model is built in Plant Simualtion 13.