Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert storage crane ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have product coming from source and getting stored in Storage and it is taken out from storage to the other machine when demand arises ? 

Thanks 

Pratik 

5 REPLIES

Re: How to insert storage crane ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use the staorage crane. Every time a part enters the storage crane, remember the part and its quantity in a table for example. As soon as a demand arises, you can check if the part is stored and if so, you can use the method getPart of the staorage crane to move the part out of the storage.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey 

thanks for the information. But since I am new to Plant simulation can you help me to know how to add storage crane and how to code it to getpart ? It would helpful for me

Thanks Again ! 

Pratik 

Siemens Phenom

Hello Pratik,

I created a small demo model using the storage crane the function getPart to get parts out of the storage crane.

Remember on tab Removal you have to remove the checkmark at 'Remove after this time:' otherwise the storage crane will remove the parts automatically.

Hope this demo model will help.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey 

It is modelled in higer version. I have plant simulation 11. 

I have the guide to plant simulation. I need to know how to program a storage crane. 

Thanks 

Pratik 

Siemens Phenom

Hello Pratik,

attached you nwill find the demo model of the storage crane in version 11 of Plant Simulation.

Hope this will help you

Regards

GG

Regards
GG