Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make packing of parts? (Each pack has different number of parts)

Creator
Creator

My source is producing parts continueously.

I would like to sequently pack (grouping) them according to customer-order list (see the excel file on the right of the picture below). You can see that each pack has different number of part.

I am thinking of using that assembly station to pack them. How should I set up the assembly station?

AssemblyQeustionPack.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to make packing of parts? (Each pack has different number of parts)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

To solve your simulation problem I would suggest to use the TransferStation. Attached you will find a small demo model loading pallets with a random number of products. There is a second sensor define right in front of the sensor created by the transfger station, which sets the number of parts to load at the transfer station.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Guido

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom

Hi!

It's probably easier to use SimTalk. I don't think it's easy to set this behaviour in standard dialogs...

SampleLoad.png

Also I've attached the model in v11.

Regards, Vladimir.

Siemens Phenom

Hello Lee,

of course, there is also a solution for the Assembly object.

You can set the assembly table in an entrance control of the Assembly, if you select the checkbox Before action on tab Controls. This setting ensures that the changed assembly table is valid for the current main MU. You need a Variable of type integer with initial value 0 which is the current row of the table of your excel data. This is the program of the entrance control. Please note that you need a second predecessor of the Assembly.

local AssyList:table;

AssyList := Assembly.AssemblyList;

Variable := Variable + 1;

AssyList[2,1] := ExcelData[1,Variable];

Assembly.AssemblyList := AssyList;

Regards,

Peter