Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model a worker setting up a station

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am a new user to Plant Simulation and I am having trouble simulating a worker putting a part into a machine before it processes the part. The worker must place a part in the station for 8 seconds before the station begins processes the part at an 8 second cycle time. The worker needs to leave the station after placing the part in the station. Does anyone know the proper way to simulate this station? Thank you for any help in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to model a worker setting up a station

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

It looks my attachment can't to transfer... ~1MB

It is 48KB now...

Ones more...

Regards

Vic

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

in other words we need a SingeProc with a setup importer, which does not need services for the processing. Deactivate the checkbox Common resources. Please check the radio buttons Setting-up and Processing. The services for processing must be an empty table.

For your application (setup time for all parts) you will activate the checkbox After and select 1 part.

Regards,

Peter

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

are you aware of the Plant Simulation Examples collection? There are lots of sample models with short explanations on each use case.

Several sections are related to workers and use cases around workers and operators.This might help help you with your current and possible future questions as well!

(You can open the examples collection model  from the Plant Simulation start page and then you see the dialog below...)

ExamplesCollection.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you all for the replies.