Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model bias bank

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I have a problem about modeling the bias bank. In Automod we can rotate the parts and move. How could PlantSim achieve this function? As you can see in the picture, the parts rotate 45 degree and continue moving obliquely. 

Thanks!

BiasBank Automod.PNG

6 REPLIES

Re: How to model bias bank

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello

Personally it might be better to rotate the graphics for the objects at this point, to do so it depends on if you are working in 2D or in 3D (or both).

2D

Create a extra icon on the MU's, after which you can then use something like the following on a sensor.

@.CurrIcon := "AngledIcon"

So this way when the part passes this sensor it will change to the new icon for it, by creating this icon correctly you can then get it to have its referance point where you need so it will sit correctly.

For this, you got to disable the 'Vector Graphics' on the MM so it will change the appearance to using the icons instead of the box it normally draws. This does mean you got to ensure that you scale the graphics correctly so it will be the right size on the screen.

3D

This is much easier than in 2D. Create a sensor at the point you want it to rotate and include the following code.

@._3D.Rotation := MakeArray(45, 0, 0, 1)
--  Parameter 1 - Angle
--  Parameter 2 - X Axis Factor
--  Parameter 3 - Y Axis Factor
--  Parameter 4 - Z Axis Factor

From this it will rotate the MU itself and you do not need to edit the 3D graphics inside the MU at all for this.

JamesM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I have an additional question about your idea. For your 2D suggestion, you said that I can change the icon to a new one. But in PlantSim the icon is drawn on a rectangle canvas, which means even I rotate the part on its icon the space it takes will not decrease since the part still have to fit in a rectangle. 

I am not sure if I expain well.  And I also don't know if the same problem will happen to 3D model.

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

f1.jpg

Gears Phenom

Hello

In Plant Simulation the size of the MU's are not defined by their graphic in any way (actually for stuff like vector graphics its the other way round) but instead are defined by the size that the user enteres.

MU Size (Length - Width - Height)

These are the size of the MU itself, reguardless of the graphic the object will be this size. 

Booking Point (Length - Width - Height)

This is where you define the centre point for the MU, this is where the MU will be located and for a regular object you will want the 2D referance point (the red outlined pixel in the icon editor) and the 3D axis origin (the 2 red lines in the X and Y axis in the 3D viewer) to line up.

Using this it is possible to change the size of the graphics but keep the size of the MU itself the same, which in turn will keep the same distance between them on conveyors.

If you see the example model attached it shows a simply conveyor which rotates the MU by 45 degrees (using my poorly created icons) and the 3D graphics. As there is no gap between the MU's in my model i have had to introduce a gap when they are rotated to stop the graphics from cliping into eachover, this is done by setting up the second conveyor to have a gap and not the first.

You will also see there is another which uses a carrier to transport the MU, this carrier stays at the same orentation the entire time, while the entity on it is rotated, thus keeping the same distance between them. The same thing can also be introduced by using the MU gap between them but this better graphically represents it.

Using this, and a few more sensors and a bit of effort into the set up, you can create stuff like the picture below, which has a total of 10 carriers on it and they wait at 1 location to be loaded and then at another to be unloaded before returning to be stored beneth it.

Plan Sim - Bias Bank.PNG

Hope this is of some help.

JamesM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Jame,

I think what you post is exactly what I want to learn! But I can not open your file since it's 13.1 version, could you upload a 12.2 or lower version?

Thank you so much!!!

Wendy

Gears Phenom

Hello

Attached is the model quickly recreated using 12.2

JamesM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi James