Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model the behavior of a subway train

Genius
Genius

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use tracks and transporters to model the loading and unloading process of a train at a subway platform.

The goal is to make the transporter stop at a sensor, and then load all the Mu's waiting in a buffer. However, the transporter must remain at the platform for 30 seconds, despite the number of MU in the buffer. And, during this time, the new MU's created by a source can still enter the train.

Could anyone please give me an easy idea on how to model such behavior? I'm trying to avoid methods, but I don't know if it's gonna be possible.

Kind regards,
Mario Sergio Correa

4 REPLIES

Re: How to model the behavior of a subway train

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mr. Correa,

attached you will find a small demo model where passengers enter a train at a station.

Hopefully this will help you developing a model of the subway.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Genius
Genius

Hi GG,

Thank you very much for the answare, it fits my needs perfectly.

Attached is the model with some changes I had to do, now passengers can unload from the train, and I also treat the cases where a passenger is trying to enter a full train.

Thank you again

Best regards

Creator
Creator

Could i get this SPP file as V.11?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Kahn,

sorry, but it is not possible to convert a model to an older version of Plant Simulation.

Plant Simulation 11 is no longer supported, so we recomend to use version 12 or higher.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution